Corrs Chambers Westgarth has been recognised by leading international legal benchmarking publication, Chambers & Partners, in their Asia Pacific Guide for 2014.
This was another strong performance for Corrs with almost half of the partnership now acknowledged as leading individuals in the annual ranking of firms and lawyers.
The Chambers Asia Pacific Guide 2014 recognised 58 Corrs partners and special counsel as Leading Individuals with 62 rankings.
The results also included the firm receiving:
- A ranking in 23 areas of legal practice
- An improved practice ranking in Investment Funds and TMT: IT & Telecommunications
- Recognition for the first time with a practice ranking in Native Title and Property Finance
- Eight new Leading Individual rankings including Gary Chiert – Tax, Joanne Dwyer – Superannuation, James Delesclefs – Private Equity, Henry Prokuda – Native Title, Julie Cameron – Insurance: Policyholder, Russell Phillip – Corporate/M&A, Brad Robinson – Banking & Finance: Corporate Finance, and Eddie Scuderi – Competition
- 13 “Band 1” top Leading Individual rankings including: Braddon Jolley (Corporate M&A), Michael MacGinley (Energy & Natural Resources – Mining), Peter Jarosek (Energy & Natural Resources – Oil & Gas), Henry Prokuda (Environment), Frank Lawson (Insurance), Stephen Stern (IP: Trade Mark & Copyright), Andrew Percival (International Trade/WTO), John Walter (Projects), Peter Calov (Real Estate), Christine Maher (Investment Funds), Michael Chaaya (Investment Funds), Joanne Dwyer (Investment Funds) and Phil Catania (TMT: Information Technology).
Corrs partner and CEO John W.H. Denton said, “This excellent result is independent recognition from one of the world’s leading authorities on firms and lawyers. Corrs’ continued success is testament to the quality client outcomes and the market defining matters and deals undertaken by our world class lawyers.”
Corrs Chambers Westgarth Chambers Asia Pacific results 2014
Banking & Finance: Acquisition Finance
Banking & Finance: Corporate Finance
Banking & Finance: Property Finance
Capital Markets: Equity
Energy & Natural Resources
Financial Services Regulation
Native Title: Proponents
TMT: IT & Telecommunications
This publication is introductory in nature. Its content is current at the date of publication. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. You should always obtain legal advice based on your specific circumstances before taking any action relating to matters covered by this publication. Some information may have been obtained from external sources, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or currency of any such information.