Corrs is a finalist for 16 ALB Australasian Law Awards in 2012
3 May 2012
ALB Magazine has announced that Corrs Chambers Westgarth is a finalist for 16 awards, across nine categories, at the ALB Australasian Law Awards 2012.
The ALB Law Awards recognise the excellence and outstanding achievements of leading law firms and in-house legal teams, as well as the top deals and dealmakers of 2011 in Australia and New Zealand.
This year Corrs has the second highest number of finalist nominations and is a finalist in the following award categories:
Deals of the Year
- Energy & Resources Deal of the Year - Peabody’s US$5.2 billion hostile takeover of Macarthur Coal
- Energy & Resources Deal of the Year - Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal
- Equity Market Deal of the Year - Treasury Wine Estates $2.5 billion listing on the ASX
- Equity Market Deal of the Year - Alinta Deleveraging
- Insolvency & Restructuring Deal of the Year - Centro restructure
- Insolvency & Restructuring Deal of the Year - Alinta Refinancing
- M&A Deal of the Year - National Broadband Network – Financial heads of agreement between NBN Co and Telstra
- M&A Deal of the Year - NBN Co Definitive Agreements
- M&A Deal of the Year - SABMiller plc's acquisition of Foster's Group Limited
- Project Finance Deal of the Year - Gold Coast Rapid Transit
- Project Finance Deal of the Year - National Broadband Network
- Project Finance Deal of the Year - Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal
- Australian Deal Team of the Year - Corrs Chambers Westgarth Energy & Resources Team
- Corporate Citizen Firm of the Year
- Innovative Use of Technology Award - Corrs Briefcase: iPad App
- Managing Partner of the Year - Partner and CEO John W.H. Denton
CEO John Denton said, “These nominations reflect the innovative, complex and significant work on which the firm continues to advise. Congratulations to all the teams involved.”
The Awards attract the region’s most influential in-house counsel, private practitioners, investment bankers and business leaders. The winners will be announced on Thursday 24 May at the Sydney Town Hall.
For further information, please email Glenn Taylor or contact by phone on +61 2 9210 6593.