Keeping abreast of employment-related legal developments can be challenging. To help you stay up to date, Corrs contributes to the Mayer Brown Asia Employment Law: Quarterly Review, a regular e-publication covering employment-related legal developments in 15 jurisdictions across Asia.
This quarter, John provides comment on a number of key employment law developments in Australia during 2020, including:
- The Attorney General pausing consultations on industrial relations reform due to COVID-19;
- Alterations to Modern Awards to introduce prescriptive arrangements for annualised wage arrangements;
- Changes to Queensland and Victoria’s industrial manslaughter laws;
- Wage theft legislation introduced in Victoria;
- The Federal Court handing down a decision that provides a ‘casual’ worker with leave entitlements;
- The Victorian Inquiry into the on-demand workforce releasing its report;
- Paid pandemic leave awarded to aged care workers; and
- ACCC establishing class exemptions for independent contractors and businesses with a turnover of less than $10 million to bargain collectively.
To get your copy of Asia Employment Law Quarterly Review: Q4 2020 please click here or on ‘DOWNLOAD PDF’ to the right.
The Asia Employment Law: Quarterly Review provides general advice only and should not be treated as a substitute for legal advice. While care has been taken by each participating law firm to ensure that details relating to their respective jurisdiction are correct, no responsibility can be taken by any of the participating law firms for losses arising from reliance upon the contents of this Report. Should you have any specific questions, please contact John Tuck.
This publication is introductory in nature. Its content is current at the date of publication. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. You should always obtain legal advice based on your specific circumstances before taking any action relating to matters covered by this publication. Some information may have been obtained from external sources, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or currency of any such information.